Friday, October 10, 2014

Kurt Cobain-Forever 27 Club

One of the best musicians of the Nineties, Kurt Cobain was the leader of musical band Nirvana, although he had everything, a famous wife (Courtney Love) a child, wealth, a renowned career, although he was famous and recognized  he felt betrayed by the music industry machine  thus he committed suicide also in part because he was too hooked on drugs. Indeed, he was a drug addict, one of his best songs is Smells like teen spirit, it is a song which makes laugh at the American way of life.Teen Spirit was the name of a deodorant which Kurt Cobain used to have and the phrase "Smells like teen spirit" was said by a young woman who had just met him. It is the greatest Nirvana´s song. (by the way, that deodorant saw its sales going up after Smells like teen spirit song became popular)You can watch the video clip here

 Kurt Cobain The 27 Club
 Nirvana

                                                    Smells Like Teen Spirit Nirvana    

In 2006 Kurt Cobain became the most profitable dead person in the world as the full Nirvana´s music catalogue was published (Courtney Love had it hidden) Many films have been done reviving the life of Kurt Cobain, one of the most important members of the Forever 27 club. He is considered the last icon of rock and roll and the best epitome of the X Generation and the Grunge movement. The disc MTV Unplugged in New York is one of his best discs, the performance of Polly as you can see is  brilliant. It talks about the imaginary conversation inspired by a real case where a man kidnapped a lovely girl named Polly who had just left from a rock concert. He tortured and raped her and she was going to die but she eventually was able to escape and finally survived. You can listen to Polly Song right now

  Nirvana Polly
Kurt Cobain was born in Seattle and was the creator of a new sound and movement, Grunge, he has inspired a lot of musicians. His grumpy style and his alternative songs made Kurt Cobain famous. His band mates have been very successful since the death of Kurt Cobain, Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl have been doing great stuff as far as rock is concerned. Above all Dave Grohl who is the leader of the great band Foo Fighters. Kurt Cobain was found dead three days after having committed suicide, he had a suicide note which you can read below and a great wound on his head. The suicide letter Kurt Cobain wrote is addressed to the world and to his daughter and wife in particular, it starts talking to his imaginary friend Boddah. Kurt Cobain had several problems such as deep depressions, some family members of him had also committed suicide and he was a drug addict. He expresses his feelings and his fatal decision. His most famous quote is " it's better to burn out, than to fade away"

 Kurt Cobain The 27 Club
                          Kurt Cobain The 27 Club

THE SUICIDAL NOTE OF KURT COBAIN.

To Boddah,

Speakings from the tongue of an experienced simpleton who obviously would rather be an emasculated, infantile complainee. This note should be pretty easy to understand. All the warnings from the Punk Rock 101 Courses over the years, it's my first introduction to the, shall we say ethics involved with independence and the embracement of your community has been proven to be very true. I haven't felt the excitement of listening to, as well as creating music, along with really writing something for too many years now. I feel guilty beyond words about these things, for example when we're backstage and the lights go out and the manic roar of the crowd begins. It doesn't affect me in the way which it did for Freddie Mercury, whoseemed to love and relish the love and admiration from the crowd, which is something I totally admire and envy.

 The fact is, I can't fool you, any of you. It simply isn't fair to you, or to me. The worst crime can think of would be to pull people off by faking it, pretending as if I'm having one 100% fun. Sometimes I feel as though I should have a punch-in time clock before I walk out on-stage. I've tried everything within my power to appreciate it, and I do, God believe me, I do, but it's not enough. I appreciate the fact that I, and we, have affected, and entertained a lot of people. I must be one of the narcisists who only appreciate things when they're alone. I'm too sensitive, I need to be slightly numb in order to regain the enthusiasm.But,  what's sad is our child. On our last three tours, I've had a much  betterappreciation of all the people I've known personally, and as fans of our music. But I still can't get out the frustration, the guilt, and the sympathy I have for everybody.

 There is good in all of us, and I simply love people too much. So much that it makes me feel too fucking sad. The sad little sensitive unappreciative pisces Jesus man! why don't you just enjoy it? I dont know! I have a of a wide who sweats ambition and empathy, and a daughter who reminds me to much of what I use to be. full of love and joy, every person she meets because everyone is good and will do her no harm. And that terrifies me to the point to where I can barely function. I can't stand the thought of Frances becoming the miserable self destructive, deathrocker she become. I have it good, very good, and I'm grateful, but since the age of seven, I've become hateful towards all humans in general. Only because it seems so easy for people to get along and have empathy. Empathy only because I love and feel for people too much I guess. Thank you from the pit of my burning nauseas stomach for your letters and concern during the last years. I'm too much of a neurotic moody person and I don't have the passion anymore, so remember, it's better to burn out, than to fade away. Peace, love, empathy, Kurt Cobain.

Kurt Cobain 27 Club
Kurt Cobain Nirvana The 27 Club

Frances and Courtney, I'll be at your altar. Please keep going Courtney for Frances for her life which will be so much happier without me. I LOVE YOU. I LOVE YOU!

There were several theories (even documentaries made) about his death but no many can be taken into account after reading such a suicidal note. What is true is that Kurt Cobain belongs now to the Forever 27 club,

                          Kurt Cobain The 27 Club
Kurt Cobain The 27 Club

2 comments:

  1. Why? You should explain why after having insulted in such a way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this story about Kurt Cobain

    ReplyDelete